Blog post ideas are easy to find once you take time to figure out what you enjoy. Pick a blog topic to focus on so you won’t waste time writing about topics you don’t care about.
This is an important part of the blogging process for all the serious bloggers that want to constantly create engaging content for their blogs. Having a list of popular blog post ideas is a great way to stay consistent. Depending on the type of blog you have, you’ll want to know what type of blog topic is right for your audience.
Below are a few popular blog topic ideas:
- Small business
- Health and wellness
After you have your blog topic, you can then niche down and figure out some blog posts that can fall under that blog post topic or category. Focusing on a specific area is how the unknown bloggers slowly become a successful blogger. It’s all about finding your lane and dominating it with great content.
Let’s take the food blog post topic and break it down. You’ll see there are many paths for food-related topics.
Below are a few blog post ideas:
- First, there is food, then there is American food, Italian food, Mexican food, etc.
- Next, American food to chicken based American foods, beef-based American foods, pork-based American foods, etc.
- Finally, if it is still too broad, you can narrow it down from beef-based American foods to something like low carb beef based American foods or regular carb beef based American foods.
The information above is just a few simple examples of deciding blog post ideas but hopefully, it’s enough to start the brainstorming.
Here are some related articles after you’ve thought about blog post ideas:
- Learn How to Start a Blog
- 7 Reasons to Start A Blog
- Blogging Tips for Successful Food Blogs
- Blogging Tips for Starting a Beauty Blog
- Blogging Tips for Starting a Lifestyle Blog
- Finding Your Lifestyle Blog Topic
- Best Blogging Tips for Beginners
- How Do Bloggers Really Make Money
- How Do New Bloggers Drive Traffic to Blogs
- 49 Popular Types of Blog Posts for Bloggers
- 12 Sites With Free to Use Open Source Images for Blogs
- (Book via Amazon) ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
Current plans for making money with the blog.
Going forward, I’ll be doing random progress updates similar to one of my favorite bloggers, Michelle Schroeder-Gardner of Making Sense of Cents. I’ve noticed that these successful bloggers always set smaller goals, these goals must make the road to success a little bit easier. Below are some of the things that I plan to work on:
- Diversify my affiliate income streams; I’ve signed up for Amazon Merch, PrettyLinks, ThemeForest, and Design Pickle.
- Heavily promote my content; I’ve started to focus on Reddit, Twitter, and Pinterest to help promote my blog. Reddit promotion comes naturally to me but Pinterest and Twitter require more thought as I do not want to waste time targeting the wrong audience.
- Increase the average length of my blog posts; I plan to move away from writing so many best of and top this and that and create more useful evergreen content.
- Guest posting; I plan to work on writing on other relevant blogs. And I’m working on networking to hopefully get a few guest bloggers to write an article for this blog.