Blog post ideas are easy to find once you take the time to figure out what you enjoy.
Pick a blog topic to focus on so you won’t waste time writing about topics you don’t care about.
Have you decided on your blog’s main topic?
This is an important part of the blogging process for all the serious bloggers that want to constantly create engaging content for their blogs. Creating a list of popular blog post ideas related to your blog topic is a great way to stay consistent.
First Blog Post Examples
- Small business
- Health and wellness
After you have truly decided on your blog topic (you can always go the lifestyle route and do some of everything), you can niche down and figure out some blog posts that can fall under that blog post topic or category. Focusing on a specific topic is how the unknown bloggers slowly become a successful blogger. It’s all about finding the topic that you’re passionate about and dominating it with great content.
Popular Blog Niche List
Note: Your niche must be something that exists. Your topic can’t be totally weird and random like Fishing on an Imaginary Planet. There probably aren’t any ads or sponsors in some niches.
Anyway, let’s take the food blog post topic and break it down. You’ll see there are many paths for food-related topics.
Below are a few blog post ideas:
- First, if your main topic is Food,
- You can niche down to American Food, Mexican food, etc.,
- If you go down further with American Food, you may want to try American Food with chicken, American Food with beef, or American Food with pork,
- And if that is still too broad, keep niching it down… maybe you can go with something like low carb American Food with beef.
The example above simply shows what it means to keep niching down with your blog post ideas. You want to write about things that you like but you also want to niche down so that your posts can actually rank high in Google Search.
If you need any help with finding keywords related to your blog post ideas, sign up for SEMrush.
🔥 Future of Blackandise.com
Going forward, I’ll be doing random progress updates similar to one of my favorite bloggers, Michelle Schroeder-Gardner of Making Sense of Cents.
I’ve noticed that these successful bloggers always set smaller goals, these goals must make the road to success a little bit easier. Below are some of the things that I plan to work on:
- Diversify my affiliate income streams; I’ve signed up for Amazon Merch, PrettyLinks, ThemeForest, and Design Pickle.
- Heavily promote my content; I’ve started to focus on Reddit, Twitter, and Pinterest to help promote my blog. Reddit promotion comes naturally to me but Pinterest and Twitter require more thought as I do not want to waste time targeting the wrong audience.
- Increase the average length of my blog posts; I plan to move away from writing so many best of and top this and that and create more useful evergreen content.
- Guest posting; I plan to work on writing on other relevant blogs. And I’m working on networking to hopefully get a few guest bloggers to write an article for this blog.