Are you interested in learning how to start a food blog?
Then, you’re in the right place. In this article, we will carefully highlight the important steps for creating a new food blog.
It doesn’t matter if you’re interested in creating a healthy food blog, keto blog, or gluten blog.
One of the most scalable side hustle right now is starting your own blog. Eventually, blogging can serve as your major source of income. This is often the case when your blog talks about an important subject such as food. Everyone loves food, at least here in Houston, Texas.
Below are the steps involved in starting a food blog.
Start a Food Blog
Food blogging is going to be extremely fun.
You’ll need to rely heavily on imagery and storytelling. The food niche is competitive so take the time and figure out which sub-niche you want to conquer such as healthy food blogging, keto blogging, etc. The most important factor when starting a food blog is your passion. All successful food bloggers work hard and it shows. If you do not have a love for creating new food dishes then you should stop reading now. This is one of those categories where you have to be great to succeed, successful food bloggers are never mediocre.
Now let’s get started with this process.
Domain Name and Web Hosting
First, you need to get your domain name and web hosting.
You want to get a domain registrar that offers web hosting services to keep things simple. If everything is under one umbrella, you won’t run into any year one renewal confusion.
The domain name will be the identity of your food blog. Take the time and create a great domain name for your new food blog! Your domain name will be your blog’s identity, you want to be creative and go with something you love. Something that’s brandable and not embarrassing.
Below you can search for an available domain name using Bluehost’s domain search tool.
The most popular web hosts for most bloggers are Bluehost, HostGator, and Namecheap. These three web hosts will help you set up your new food blog within a day. If you want to speed up the process with Bluehost, you can read our Learn How to Start a Blog post to set up your blog within an hour.
New Food Blog Tips
Creating a successful food blog is difficult but possible. We have compiled a short list that will help your blog stand out from other blogs. These tips include the following:
- First, you need to use Google Search Console to get data about your domain ranking,
- Install Google Analytics or the Facebook Pixel to collect data about your audience,
- Use an SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO to teach you about structuring your keywords,
- Get the browser plugin Grammarly to check your grammar and spelling,
- Create your business model if your plan is to grow a food blog business,
- Add high-quality images to your blog post – we list many free stock images websites,
- You are not your audience, always write for your audience,
- Google favor blogs with completed Contact and About pages,
- And finally, find a good SEO research tool to find your low competition keywords and then start writing.
Successful Food Blogs for Inspiration
- Jessica In The Kitchen: With over 600 recipes, Jessica is a popular food blogger with the goal of creating simple delicious meals.
- How Sweet Eats: An author and food blogger with hundreds of recipes. How Sweet Eats focuses on healthy recipes, indulgent desserts, comfort food, cocktails, and more.
- A Cozy Kitchen: A Los Angeles based author and food blogger with hundreds of meal recipes. A Cozy Kitchen has something for everyone; pastries, cakes, pies, and more.
- Grandbaby Cakes: Inspired by her grandmother, Jocelyn has created hundreds of recipes for Grandbaby Cakes.
Success in food blogging is possible, but most people are impatient. The most successful food bloggers were patient and consistent. Google can take months to find one new article so you need to always be creating new content. We can assure you success in food blogging if you follow the simple tips above. There are tools and guides all over the internet, however, all you need is a good keyword research tool and time to write good content. Now go figure out your blogging goal and start creating great content for your new food blog.