This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read our disclosure.
Often, when people decide to start blogging, they feel overwhelmed: “What should I post about? Will, anybody read this? Does anyone even care?”
I think you’ll find that if you just pick a certain lifestyle topic or an area of focus and stick with it, things will become much easier and less stressful.
Having a true focus will give you the answers to your other questions.
Lifestyle Topics to Discuss
Now if you know what you’ll be writing about, you know who to target, why they might be interested, and what to do to keep them engaged. To get you started, here are some broad lifestyle blog topic umbrellas to choose from. Maybe one of these will speak to you, and before you know it you’ll be off and away, a pro blogger in no time!
Personal Blog Post Ideas
Possibly the most obvious of lifestyle blog topics is talking about yourself and your life. You might wonder whether anyone would even care, but you’d be surprised how many people are surfing the internet looking for connections and people they can feel close to.
This is especially the case if they’re shy, in which case they might prefer to just be able to read about your life and feel like your friend without feeling the pressure of keeping up their side of a friendship. Furthermore, having a blog about your own life lends itself well to storytelling, something that humans instinctively love and latch onto.
Possible personal blog ideas include:
- Personal stories (an embarrassing moment, a triumphant moment, a breakup, a memory from your childhood, or an epic failure)
- Your current lifestyle (your morning/evening routine, why you chose a certain diet, or a day in the life of you)
- Advice (how to succeed in a job interview, how to navigate college, relationship advice, or managing finances)
- Random tidbits
Inspirational Blog Post Ideas
It might sound strange to advise you to write about something you haven’t done as a lifestyle blog topic, but if it’s something you want to do and are passionate about, that passion will shine through and attract readers.
People love hearing stories of struggle or achievement or even failure, and these types of stories often have more passion and energy behind them than telling a story of what you’ve done in the past. Readers will get caught up in your excitement and will want to be with you throughout the journey, wherever it leads.
Possible inspirational blog ideas include:
- Bucket lists (things you want to do before you die, places you want to travel to, experiences you want to have, movies you want to watch, or people you want to meet)
- Resolutions (fitness, dating, dietary, spiritual, or financial)
- Monthly/yearly goals
- Participation in a challenge.
Roundup Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
Everybody loves these roundup lifestyle topics because it means you’ve done all the hard work for them already! They no longer have to trawl through hundreds of Google search results to find the best rice cooker or movie night movie because you’ve given it to them right there on your blog. They might even find that you post “top” lists of things they didn’t even realize they needed. Sticking with a list of favorites as your lifestyle blog topic will give you unlimited blog post ideas.
Possible roundup lifestyle blog ideas include:
- New media (from books, movies, podcasts, magazines, or music)
- Must-haves (from stuff in your life, kitchen appliances, makeup, or workout gear)
- Event ideas (from birthday parties, holidays, weddings, or group hangouts)
- People (from social media, authors, bloggers, or YouTubers)
- Smartphone apps
Money Making Blog Post Ideas
These are the money making lifestyle topics to discuss. These are the lifestyle blog topics that people seem to enjoy reading!
Basically, if you can show people how to do something they couldn’t before, find another use for something they were going to chuck or give them information that might change their outlook on and approach to life, you’ll have devoted, lifelong followers. These are blog topic tips for those wanting to focus strictly on making money on day one.
Possible money making blog ideas include:
- Tutorials (cooking, home improvement, gardening, crafting, tech, social media, or productivity)
- Hacks (upcycling, multiple uses for an object, improving upon pre-existing items, how to travel more efficiently/painlessly, anything that saves time, or money)
- Life lessons
Simple Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
Finally, these last lifestyle blog post ideas are simple ways a content creator can help readers improve their day. They will come to this blog for beautiful or creative posts, posts that show them how to be their best selves and posts that make them feel just a little bit better about the world.
Possible simple lifestyle blog ideas include:
- Daily photo
- Weekly artwork (samples of your work, behind the scenes moments of your work, pieces in progress, or participation in a challenge)
- Inspirational quotes/stories/interviews
- Things that make you happy
- Advice from successful people
Now that you have an idea of what to write about, check out our post on tips for lifestyle blogs to make an even better product and gain even more followers!