This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read our disclosure.
If you are okay with using the Windows operating system then the newest Microsoft Surface Laptop is the best touchscreen laptop on the market.
This beautiful device has everything going for it, a powerful laptop that is extremely lightweight. Great speakers, fast processor, a decent amount of ports, and cheap accessories to make it even better. Besides heavy 4K video editing, this device can handle everything you plan to throw at it.
Should You Buy a Touchscreen Laptop?
If you plan to actually use the touchscreen functionality to at least write or draw, then yes you should buy a touchscreen laptop.
If you want something smaller, look at the Surface Pro. Similar to the Surface Laptop but in a tablet form. The Microsoft Surface Pro is designed for people that love that smaller tablet-style. There are dozens of accessories available for the Surface Pro that can make this device function as a laptop and iPad all in one. The best two accessories are the Surface Keyboard and the Surface Pen (great writing accessory for artists and taking notes). And with both devices, you can easily connect it to an HD monitor to get dual-screen functionality.
💻 If you are looking for a reliable touchscreen laptop with Windows OS then look no further. The Surface devices below are loved by customers and come with speedy i5 processors and 128GB of space.
As Apple users, we are definitely jealous of these innovative laptops. We love the new Surface devices because they are great innovative machines running the Windows OS.
Do I Need A Touchscreen Laptop?
You probably don’t need a touchscreen laptop but it’ll give you a better way to interact with your laptop and complete certain projects.
Instead of clicking on a trackpad, you can just use your fingers. The new touchscreen laptops come in various forms for all personalities. For example, the majority of them have a 360-degree pivot that can be used in order to change the laptop into a tablet (some users love pivots). Others are genuine hybrid devices that have the connectable keyboard. So you will get two distinct devices in one.
Despite the fact that new touchscreen laptops look perfect, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before getting a touchscreen laptop.
Let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of touchscreen laptops.
Touchscreen Laptops Pros
- These of these touchscreen laptops are usually lightweight and portable.
- Many touchscreens laptops are fast with responsive screens. Interacting with a computer via a touchscreen can increase functionality if you learn how to use all of the added features such as touch gestures and swipes.
- The best touchscreen laptops will have smooth handwriting functionality.
- Most touchscreen laptops can support Photoshop and other creative programs for artists to do their work.
- Many touchscreen laptops have multi-touch gestures to zoom in and out, great for anyone that need to occasionally review things.
Touchscreen Laptops Cons
- More accessories to buy such as touchscreen pens or screen wipes.
- Touchscreen laptops will constantly have annoying smears.
- Even though these laptops are portable, the increased thickness for the touchscreen functionality may not allow you to get that awesome case.
- The biggest flaw of a touchscreen laptop is battery life. You may only get 5-6 hours of usage instead of the 8 hours that regular laptops are averaging these days.
Related: Best Laptop Accessories
As we said earlier, if you plan to actually use the touchscreen functions then you can’t go wrong with a touchscreen laptop.
Many computer manufacturers are making these touchscreen laptops but in our opinion, Microsoft has the best touchscreen laptops. So if you are searching for a device that will provide you with the best experience, check out these Surface devices.