This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read our disclosure.
This article will go over the latest blogging tips for beginners.
First, you need to know that blogging takes time. Success will not happen overnight with blogging. You need to treat blogging like a part-time job, so keep at it and don’t give up.
Our blogging tips for beginners is useful for all bloggers, in any niche.
New Blogging Tips for Beginners
- Learn about long tail keywords and follow SEO tips.
- Write great content regularly because consistency is how bloggers succeed.
- Original content is important. Blatantly copying other bloggers work is disrespectful and a waste of time. You can be inspired by others work but just don’t copy it.
- Every blogger must have an email list. Every successful blogger will say that having and growing an email list is important. After you have an email list, you can promote your content directly to your audience.
- Use a solid social media marketing strategy to help generate traffic. You probably found this site thanks to social media. Social media is one of the best blogging tools that we have at our disposal so please use it.
- Set a publishing schedule and stick to the schedule, so readers will know when to come back to your website for new content.
- Go back to old posts and fix those broken links. A broken link may prevent you from making a sale. A great plugin for managing external links is Pretty Links.
Find Your Blogging Niche
No matter what you decide to do, knowing your niche is important! The internet is crowded so finding a good solid niche would be great to do before you spend too much time on your project. When you have a niche, especially a niche in an uncrowded space, you have a higher chance of getting solid traffic by ranking organically in the search engines.
There are so many niches that you can base your blog on, these niches include:
Now if you want to dive deeper into the niches by going the sub-niche route, you can get more specific. Using sub-niches is recommended as it’ll allow you to write for a specific group, which is easier than trying to write for a diverse group. A few examples of sub-niches include:
- Best smartphone tech
- Budgeting personal finance
- Blue chip stocks
- Women gaming
If you want to get more specific, you can keep going the sub-niche route. Some additional sub-niches includes:
- Best luxury speedboats for traveling
- Best blue chip technology stocks
- Best Nintendo women gamers
This is a time-consuming process but once you know what you want to focus on, you can start writing high-quality content for that niche.
Related: Blog Post Examples
Best Blogging Platform to Make Money
WordPress is great and is somewhat of a standard in the blogging community but there are other options out there.
I know some bloggers like to use other software as they feel WordPress is too bloated and loads slower each update. I recommend you try WordPress first and see how it is for you, if you like it, then definitely keep using it. If you dislike WordPress, there are other options out there such as Medium or Tumblr
Related: Content Marketing Tips for Beginners
Best Web Hosting Service for Blogging
You need a good web host if you want to blog using WordPress. Choosing a reliable hosting service is important if you want to keep your website online and loading fast.
There are many different types of web hosts available, so you’ll need to decide which one you prefer, through research. However, the web hosting rate should be around $3-7 per month for basic hosting. You DO NOT need any of the advanced web hosting services that cost $20 or more per month.
I recommend using Bluehost for your web hosting, Bluehost has reliable web hosting and great customer service.
These blogging tips are here to help you get started. This list will be updated as the industry change. These are some really important points to consider if you be a successful blogger.